Tuesday, December 10, 2013

gila makan's 4th Birthday

Today gila makan marks its 4th anniversary. I started this blog in December 2009 not knowing if it would last a year. It lasted four.

Over the years, I had visited and featured more than 230 makan places in Malaysia and abroad. It has become both a pleasure and a chore. I enjoy doing the blog. Each time we go to some place new, I would lug my camera along and move around taking shots of the place and the food. It has almost become a religion, that instead of graces, my sacrament would be photographing the food. I do get strange looks from other diners, why an old man like me would be so enthusiastic about the restaurants and the food.

I do not know how long more I will be able to sustain this blog. It can be quite exhausting. I have to look for new features, which is becoming more difficult. There may be thousands of restaurants and other eating places in the Klang Valley and other parts of the country that I could visit. But I have to find the time and the occasion to be there. And eating out is now so very expensive.

Let's see if there will be another 4 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment